- Michael Alessandri, Ph.D., Clinical Professor of Psychology, Child Division
- Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey, 1992 - Executive Director, Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD). Behavioral and educational interventions for autism spectrum disorders and related disabilities.
- Michael H. Antoni, Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- University of Miami, 1986 - Associate Editor, International Journal of Behavioral Medicine Psycho-oncology, AIDS and psychoneuroiminunology: coping styles, social support, life event stress, and health/disease.
- Jennifer C. Britton, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Child Division
- University of Michigan, 2005 - Behavioral and neural correlates of anxiety; translational, developmental and affective neuroscience.
- Charles S. Carver, Ph.D., Professor, Adult Division
- University of Texas at Austin, 1974 - Director, Adult Division; Associate Editor, Psychological Review; Personality, stress and coping, optimism and its consequences, emotional processes.
- Christine E. Fullmer Delgado, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Child Division
- University of Miami, 1999 - Co-Director, Children's Registry and Information System Project Director, Early Social Communication Project Communication and social development in infants. Tracking of services provided to children with disabilities. Impact of early identification of disabilities on school performance.
- Brian D. Doss, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Child Division
- University of California, Los Angeles, 2004 - Prevention and treatment of relationship distress, web-
based intervention, mechanisms of change.
- Jennifer Stella Durocher, Ph.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, Child Division
- University of Miami, 2001 - Assistant Director, Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (C.A.R.D.)
- Franklin H. Foote, Ph.D., Lecturer
- University of Miami, 1984 - Romantic and Sexual Relationships.
- Marc D. Gellman, Ph.D., Research Associate Professor, Health Division
- University of Miami, 1984 - Associate Director, Health Division - Cardiovascular and neuroendocrine reactivity to stress, drug use in our society.
- Roderick C. Gillis, Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor, Adult Division
- University of Miami, 1981 - Tests and measurements, social psychology.
- Daryl B. Greenfield, Ph.D., Professor, Child Division
- University of Connecticut, 1976 - Development of Social Competence, Emergent Literacy and Cognitive Processes in low-income, multiethnic children during the transition from preschool into early elementary school. Effects of Early Intervention Programs such as Head Start on children's early school success.
- Heather Henderson, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Child Division
- University of Maryland, 2002 - Temperamental contributions to children's social behavior; affective and cognitive influences on self-regulation; developmental psychophysiology.
- Monica Webb Hooper, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Health Division
- University of South Florida, 2005 - Health behavior change, cancer risk behaviors, tobacco, smoking cessation and relapse prevention, obesity and weight management, development of tailored and culturally specific interventions, health disparities and minority health.
- Barry E. Hurwitz Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- University of Florida, 1984 - Behavioral Medicine; heart disease, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome; stress, biobehavioral factors and mechanisms in disease progression.
- Gail H. Ironson, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- University of Wisconsin, 1977; M.D. University of Miami School of Medicine, 1986; Residency Stanford University 1986-1990 - Psychoneuroimmunology, AIDS, Psycho-oncology, Stress Management Interventions, Stress and Coping, Cardiovascular Disease, Post Traumatic Stress (Director of Trauma Treatment Program), Measurement and Statistics.
- Amishi Jha, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Health Division
- Amanda Jensen-Doss, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Child Division
- University of California, Los Angeles - youth mental health services research, diagnostic assessment in clinical practice settings, implementation of evidence-based assessment tools and treatments in youth-serving community mental health clinics.
- Lynne F. Katz, Ed.D., Research Assistant Professor, Child Division
- University of Miami, 1999 - Administrative Director, Linda Ray Intervention Center; Early intervention program implementation for high-risk children. Family substance abuse issues; Juvenile Court and Child Welfare casecoordination. Parenting skills training.
- Youngmee Kim, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Health Division
- University of Rochester, 1998 - Psycho-Oncology, family caregivership, cancer survivorship, quality of life (psychosocial, physical, behavioral, and spiritual), effects of stress and coping, social support, gender, and ethnicity.
- Annette M. La Greca, Ph.D., Professor, Child Division
- Purdue University, 1978 - Director of Clinical Training
Cooper Fellow and Provost Scholar; Adolescents' peer and romantic relations, including the effects of peer victimization; risk and resilience factors in understanding disasters' impact on children and youth; developing interventions (for children exposed to trauma; for peer victimized teens); social anxiety, depression and health behaviors among adolescents; social support among youth with diabetes.
- Debra Lieberman, PhD., Assistant Professor, Adult Division
- University of California Santa Barbara, 2003 - Cognitive architecture of human kin detection, kin-directed altruism, and inbreeding avoidance; functional domains of disgust; social categorization; evolutionary approaches to law and medicine.
- Kristin M. Lindahl, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Child Division
- University of Denver, 1992 - Developmental psychopathology, impact of marital distress on parenting and children's socioemotional development, and family factors associated with the development of behavioral and emotional problems in children.
- Maria M. Llabre, Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- University of Florida, 1978 - Director of Statistics, Behavioral Medicine Research Center- applied statistics, latent growth modeling, structural modeling, generalizability theory.
- Jill Ehrenreich May, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Child Division
- University of Mississippi, 2002 - Director, Child and Adolescent Anxiety and Depression Treatment Program. Transdiagnostic and other novel treatments for anxiety disorders and related conditions in youth, etiology of child anxiety, the role of technology in clinician training and dissemination of evidence based treatments for children and adolescents.
- Philip M. McCabe, Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1982 - Associate Chairman, Department of Psychology Learning and memory; CNS control of circulation and circulatory conditioning, CNS plasticity and recovery of function following stroke; cardiovascular behavioral medicine.
- Michael McCullough, Ph.D., Professor, Adult Division
- Virginia Commonwealth University, 1995 - Evolution, Cognition, and Behavior (particularly social behavior); Forgiveness; Revenge; Gratitude; Religion
- Daniel S. Messinger, Ph.D., Professor, Child Division
- University of Utah, 1994 - Social and emotional development of normally developing and at-risk infants with emphases on facial expression, interaction, and security of attachment. How micro and macro processes contribute to optimal development.
- Alexandra L. Quittner, Ph.D., Professor, Child Division
- University of Western Ontario, 1987 - Director, Child Division. Impact of chronic childhood illness on children and families, the development of health outcome measures that are contextually and developmentally focused, and, the development and evaluation of family-based interventions.
- Patrice G. Saab, Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- Ohio University, 1983 - Cardiovascular and neuroendocrine reactivity to stress, gender and ethnic differences, behavioral interventions.
- Neil Schneiderman, Ph.D., James L. Knight Professor, Health Division
- Indiana University, 1964 - Director, Health Division Behavioral medicine research in cardiovascular disease, HIV and cancer, and CNS control of circulation and conditioning.
- Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer, Ph.D., , Assistant Professor, Child Division
- University of Pennsylvania, 2004- developmentally and contextually relevant assessment of preschool emotional and behavioral problems within early educational settings, the relationship between preschool behavioral problems and academic achievement, development of reliable and valid assessment tools to inform early interventions that promote school readiness for Head Start children.
- Matthias Siemer, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Adult Division
- Free University, Berlin, 1999 - Research on Moods and Emotions, Social Psychology, Personality, Experimental Psychology, Statistics, Research-Methods, Philosophy of Science
- Rick Stuetzle, Ph.D., Lecturer
- University of Miami, 1999 - Research methods and statistics
- Kiara Timpano, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Adult Division
- Florida State University, 2009 - Investigation of vulnerability models for the anxiety and obsessive-compulsive spectrum; examination of phenomenology, associated features, and factors that could inform treatment or prevention efforts.
- Saneya H. Tawfik, Ph.D., Clinical Assistant Professor
- University of Denver, 1990 - Clinic Director, Director of Assessment Services, Psychological Services Center, Clinical Training of Assessment; Psychoeducational Evaluations of Learning Disabilities; Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Neurodevelopmental and Language Disorders.
- Amy Weisman de Mamani, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Adult Division
- University of Southern California, 1994 - Family factors related to the onset and course of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and medical illness; Attribution theory; Minority mental health issues; Cross-cultural psychology.
- A. Rodney Wellens, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Adult Division
- Vanderbilt University, 1972 - Telemediated communication; nonverbal communication, stress and decision making.
- Ray W. Winters, Ph.D., Professor, Health Division
- Michigan State University, 1969 - CNS control of cardiovascular reactivity, stress and stress management.
Affiliated Medical School Core Faculty
- Daniel Armstrong, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics and Psychology, Child Division
- Duke University; West Virginia University, 1985; Residency, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center: Internship in Pediatric Psychology - Associate Chair, Department of Pediatrics Director, Mailman Center for Child Development Neurocognitive effects of childhood cancer, sickle cell disease and HIV, pain assessment and management.
- Alan Delamater, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics and Psychology, Child Division
- Carnegie Mellon University; University of Georgia, 1981; Residency, Veterans Affairs Medical Center Palo Alto, CA - Director, Clinical Psychology
Behavioral and emotional disorders in children and adolescents, learning disabilities, adaptation to chronic illness, diabetes, obesity
- Mahedra Kumar, Ph.D.,Research Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences and Psychology, Health Division
- University of Rajasthan, India, 1962 - Director, Molecular Neuroendocrinology and Neurotransmitters Laboratory. - Stress, HPA axis, dementia, and autoimmune antibodies
- Bonnie Levin, Ph.D., Professor of Neurology and Psychology, Health Division.
- Georgetown University; Temple University, l983. Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Boston Children's Hospital. Director, Division of Neuropsychology. Neurocognitive and behavioral changes associated with dementia and neurodegenerative disease, trauma and medical illness.
- Armando Mendez, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Health Division
- University of Miami, 1986 - Understanding pathways and mechanisms of intracellular and extracellular lipid metabolism and transport related to the development of artherosclerosis and to lipid and lipoprotein abnormalities that occur as a consequence of diabetes.
- Bernard Roos, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Health Division
- Oberlin College, OH, 1963; University of Chicago School of Medicine, 1967; Residency, Mt. Sinai Hospital, NY 1970- Director, Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Executive Director, Center on Adult Development & Aging
Professor of Medicine
Long-term care, osteoporosis/calcium disorders, hormone replacement, exercise, cancer.
- Jay Skyler, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Pediatrics, and Psychology, Health Division
- Pennsylvania State University 1967, University Park, PA; Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 1969; Residency, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 1973- Director, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
Diabetes mellitus, particularly type 1 diabetes, immunology of type 1 diabetes, type 1 diabetes prevention, prevention of diabetic complications, new forms of therapy for diabetes.
- Lourdes Casares, Lecturer
- Michael Ditomasso, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Blanche Freund, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Hillary S Hoffman, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Elyse Hurtado, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Jill S Kaplan, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Rafael Rivas-Vazquez, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Marilyn Rodriguez, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Amy R Schaffer, Ph.D., Lecturer
- Barry B. Zwibelman, Ph.D., Lecturer