Lucina Q. Uddin
Assistant Professor of Psychology
UCLA, Psychology/Cognitive Neuroscience 2006
- Current Research Interests
- Job Openings
- Selected Publications
- Honors and Awards
- Community and International Work
- Internet Links
Current Research Interests
I am interested broadly in the relationship between brain connectivity and cognition in typical and atypical development. Within a cognitive neuroscience framework, my research combines functional connectivity analyses of resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging data and structural connectivity analyses of diffusion tensor imaging data to examine the organization of large-scale brain networks supporting attention and social cognition. My current projects focus on understanding dynamic network interactions underlying social information processing in neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism.
- Lab Manager/Research Assistant Position
- The Brain Connectivity and Cognition Laboratory in the Department of Psychology at the University of Miami invites applicants interested in a Lab Manager/Research Assistant position beginning January 2014. For more information, download the pdf ad here.
- Postdoctoral Position
- The Brain Connectivity and Cognition Laboratory in the Department of Psychology at the University of Miami invites applicants interested in a postdoctoral position focusing on functional and structural neuroimaging approaches to the study of attention and social cognition in neurotypical adults, typically developing children, and atypical development. For more information, download the pdf ad here.
Uddin LQ, Supekar K, Lynch C, Khouzam A, Phillips J, Feinstein C, Ryali S, Menon V. Salience network based classification and prediction of symptom severity in children with autism. JAMA Psychiatry, In Press.
Uddin LQ, Menon V, Young CB, Ryali S, Chen T, Khouzam A, Minshew NJ, Hardan AY (2011). Multivariate searchlight classification of structural magnetic resonance imaging in children and adolescents with autism. Biological Psychiatry, 70(9): 833-841.
Uddin LQ*, Supekar K*, Ryali S, Menon V (2011). Dynamic reconfiguration of structural and functional connectivity across core neurocognitive brain networks with development. Journal of Neuroscience, 31(50): 18578-18589 (*Co-first author).
Uddin LQ(2011). The self in autism: An emerging view from neuroimaging. Neurocase, 17(3): 201-208.
Uddin LQ, Supekar K, Amin H, Rykhlevskaia E, Nguyen DA, Greicius MD, Menon V (2010). Dissociable connectivity within human angular gyrus and intraparietal sulcus: Evidence from functional and structural connectivity. Cerebral Cortex, 20(11): 2636-2646.
Uddin LQ, Supekar K, Menon V (2010). Typical and atypical development of functional human brain networks: Insights from resting-state fMRI. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, 4:21.
Uddin LQ, Kelly AMC, Biswal BB, Castellanos FX, Milham MP (2009). Functional connectivity of default mode network components: correlation, anticorrelation, and causality. Human Brain Mapping, 30(2): 625-637.
Uddin LQ, Menon V (2009). The anterior insula in autism: Under-connected and under-examined. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 33(8): 1198-1203.
Uddin LQ, Davies MS, Scott AA, Zaidel E, Bookheimer SY, Iacoboni M, Dapretto M (2008). Neural basis of self and other representation in autism: An fMRI study of self-face recognition. PLoS ONE, 3(10): e3526.
Uddin LQ, Kelly AMC, Biswal BB, Margulies DS, Shehzad Z, Shaw D, Ghaffari M, Rotrosen J, Adler LA, Castellanos FX, Milham MP (2008). Network homogeneity reveals decreased integrity of default-mode network in ADHD. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 169(1): 249-254.
Uddin LQ, Mooshagian E, Zaidel E, Scheres A, Margulies DS, Kelly AMC, Shehzad Z, Adelstein JS, Castellanos FX, Biswal BB, Milham MP (2008). Residual functional connectivity in the split-brain revealed with resting-state fMRI. Neuroreport, 19(7): 703-709.
Uddin LQ, Iacoboni M, Lange C, Keenan JP (2007). The self and social cognition: The role of cortical midline structures and mirror neurons. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, 11(4): 153-157.
Uddin LQ, Kaplan JT, Molnar-Szakacs I, Zaidel E, Iacoboni M (2005). Self-face recognition activates a frontoparietal "mirror" network in the right hemisphere: an event-related fMRI study. Neuroimage, 25(3): 926-935.
Uddin LQ, Rayman J, Zaidel E (2005). Split-brain reveals separate but equal self-recognition in the two cerebral hemispheres. Consciousness and Cognition, 14(3): 633-640.
Honors and Awards
- Pediatric Loan Repayment Program, NIH (2011-2012)
- K01 Research Scientist Development Award, NIMH (2010-2015)
- Mosbacher Postdoctoral Fellowship, Autism Working Group (2009-2010)
- Tashia and John Morgridge Endowed Postdoctoral Fellow, PRF-CHRP (2008-2009)
- Graduate Research Fellowship, National Science Foundation (2003-2006)