Coming Out Project News
August 4, 2012
- The Coming Out Project is presenting a symposium on LGB youth and parent perspectives, at the annual APA conference in Orlando, FL. Come join us, and visit Presentations page for more information!
August 1, 2012
- We have completed data collection for our fourth and final time point. We will now start using data from all four time points to examine change over time in sexual and family variables for youth and parents!
- The Coming Out Project will start conducting therapy and support groups, for LGBTQ youth and their parents. We have partnered with Pridelines and will be joining the Rainbow Circle meetings, Monday nights during June and July. Please contact us at (305) 284-6986 for more information about this and future groups!
March 8-10, 2012
- The Coming Out Project is presenting talks and posters at the annual SRA meeting in Vancouver. Visit our Presentations page for more information!
January 21, 2011
- The Coming Out Project has been accepted to present a symposium at the annual APA Conference, in Orlando, FL! We will be presenting on Saturday, August 4. Come join us!
November 17, 2011 \
- The Coming Out Project has been accepted to present two symposia and two posters at the annual Society for Research on Adolescents! Look for us at the conference in Vancouver, March 8 – 10!
August 31, 2011
August 31, 2011 The Coming Out Project's Blog and Twitter Page go live!
- We will be using these websites to share interesting and relevant news stories about LGBT youth and their families. We hope that you will find the articles we post interesting, informative, and useful!
August 4, 2011 Project COPES presented research findings at the American Psychological Association (APA) annual conference, in Washington, D.C.! We presented posters on the following topics:
- Parental Acceptance and Family Functioning in Families of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Youth
- Religious Conflict, Gay-Related Stress, and Sexual Identity Difficulty in Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Youth
- Family Reactions, Outness, & Identity: Testing a Model of Psychological Functioning in LGB Adolescents and Young Adults
June, 2011 Project COPES was featured in the University of Miami Magazine.
- In June 2011, Miami Magazine, which is the alumni magazine for the University of Miami, published an article about The Coming Out Project at UM and featured one of the families who have participated in the study.
- Download Story