The Cystic Fibrosis Questionnaire-Revised (CFQ-R) is a disease-specific health-related qualify of life (HRQOL) measure for children, adolescents and adults with cystic fibrosis (CF). It is a profile measure of HRQOL with several different domains. It was initially developed through focus groups and interviews with CF patients and health care professionals and has undergone extensive reliability and validity testing. It is one of the most widely used HRQOL measures for CF and was judged as "well-established" in a review of evidence-based measures. It is being used in the United States and internationally in a number of clinical trials. It is also used clinically during routine CF care.
All of the measures and materials are available free, once you sign the copyright form!
The CFQ-R measures functioning in a variety of domains, including Physical Functioning, Vitality, Health Perceptions, Respiratory Symptoms, Treatment Burden, Role Functioning, Emotional Functioning, and Social Functioning.
There are 4 versions of the CFQ-R currently available:
- Teen/Adult version for ages 14 through adulthood
- Child version for children ages 6 to 13 years
- interviewer format for ages 6 to 11
- self-report format for ages 12 and 13
- Parent version for children ages 6 to 13 years (parents reporting on the child's HRQOL)
- Preschool version for ages 3 to 6 years (currently being validated)
How to obtain the CFQ-R
1. Click on CFQ-R Measures tab
2. Complete the copyright form
3. Download the versions of the CFQ-R you want
4. Click on Scoring Tab to access the scoring programs and information